Tuesday, January 31, 2006


The Gumby Project began two years ago during my first winter in San Francisco. My brother had given me a six foot tall inflatable Gumby and I was unsure of how to utilize such an incredible gift. It just so happened that my good friend Mary visited SF from Montana the week I received Gumby. We took that week to travel around SF with Gumby in tow. Mary and I snapped photos of him in every place we went- eating dim sum in the richmond, performing CPR on him at 19th and Judah, and enjoying the San Francisco lifestyle.
I've always wanted to continue this project. I feel that it has incredible comic possibilities. With help from my friends, especially Mary (who has recently relocated to SF), I intend to realize the comic capabilities of a six foot tall Gumby and the city of San Francisco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home